HOW TO DIET IN THE BEST WAY - FOR A SRI LANKAN

Hey guys. Hope you all are well ! I do have a very interesting story to share with you. It is about the weight loss journey I had followed through for past 3 months. I assume most of the guys reading this might at least have BMI little over 25. To be honest mine was over 30, but  I did not care for it cause I never had any trouble being overweight. I played sports and had a good flexibility. But ever since, I followed some unorganized dieting schedules time to time. Most of them were not followed for long and some ended causing my body weak.

weight loss

Anyway later on I was keen on losing some weight and getting in shape. I wanted to go on a proper diet and continue it throughout. I met and took advises from a professional(a dietitian). At the time I was starting the diet I was 92.2 Kg and 174 Cm(5' 8.5'') in height, which accounts to a BMI of 30.5

After the first month through the diet I found it very tolerable and doable.

Let me tell you the methods and practices I adopted.
  • Never to skip any main meal.
  • Having 3 main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and other two meals(snacking) can be added between main meals if it is hard for you. (PS: I skiped both snack meals)
  • In the morning I had a bed tea without sugar.
  • Main meals were not prepared separately. Just the same food made at home, only the quanity was controlled.
I am from Sri Lanka, so our meals are mostly rice and curry. No! it is not racist! because I'm the one who's saying it. 😂

I will write down almost all the options I did include for my diet.

Rice and curry :    I had only 2 spoons of rice from a spoon slightly bigger than a table spoon. And for curries there was no set limitation of the quantity. However I made sure not to have much oily dishes.

String hoppers :   5 String hoppers and, that was it ! Yes at first it was difficult but in few days I got used to that.

Hoppers :   Not more than 3 hoppers, and that was the limit. 

If it is hard at first, snacking meals will be your rescuer. Peanuts or fruits will be the best option and if you are a beginner that will be a great kick to stay on the process.

I had cardio session of 30 minutes for at least 3 times a week, and let me tell you, it was like burning out fat in a furnace. I could really feel the burn.

These are the things I followed and after 1 month;

Hold your horses !

I had reduced 6.2 Kg, I was 86 Kg (BMI of 28.4)

I am hoping to talk further in future articles to come. Stay with me till then. 😄

Let's meet again in the next post with the progress after 2 months of dieting.


Thank you and Have nice day guys

Remember Discipline is the Key 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO DIET IN THE BEST WAY - FOR A SRI LANKAN - PART 3

HOW TO DIET IN THE BEST WAY - FOR A SRI LANKAN - PART 2